To start the drill, one player plays a normal third base position. One player will be stationed at each remaining base, straddling the bag, as if they are ready to make a tag. Extra players will line up in foul territory near third base.
- Coach (C) hits ground ball to third baseman (P1)
- P1 fields ground ball, throws to P2 and follows his throw, replacing P2 at second base
- P2 throws to P3 and follows his throw, replacing P3 at first base
- P3 throws to P4 and follows his throw, replacing P4 at home plate
- P4 flips the ball to the coach and goes to the back of the line in foul territory near third base